This recipe is a tasty take on the quintessential American brunch staple, Eggs Benedict. The rich hollandaise sauce gets a bad health rap, but that's down to the unhealthy oils and fillers that are commonly added. When made right, Hollandaise sauce can be actually good for you, so go on and enjoy this delicious and health favorite, keto-syle!
|Fresh chives, chopped
How to Make:
- Grate the head of cauliflower and combine in a medium bowl with cheddar cheese, coconut flour and an egg. Season with salt.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Turn up to medium-high and add spoonfuls of the cauliflower mixture. Flatten in the shape of patties and cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly crispy.
- To poach the eggs, fill a medium-sized saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir the water to create a vortex.
- Gently drop in an egg and let it cook for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel or bowl.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Tip out most of the water, leaving out about 1-2 inches in the saucepan. Bring to a slight simmer.
- Add more water over the saucepan to create a double boiler and add 2 egg yolks. Add lemon juice and butter and stir until combined.
- Whisk constantly and season with cayenne and salt.
- Cook the bacon to you liking. (you can substitute with a pork belly or fatty meat of choice)
- Place the cauliflower patty on a plate and add the bacon, poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce. Garnish with chives.
You can download the recipe for yourself.